It feels pretty surreal, to write blog post for the first time in YEAR! I’ll save you from my useless apologizes and excuse. Instead, I’ll tell you what’s new and what has changed.
There will be no particular order, as I’m having hard times sorting information in my head right now.
- - The first thing that you might have or might have not noticed is a NEW BLOG DESIGN! Ines Perkovic, amazing photographer from Croatia and my friend created this design for me, and I’m forever grateful because right now I have no capacity to work on design nor looking for designer. I think she did it great and I highly recommend to visit her blog.
- - I started two projects on Behance. One is called ‘Second Home’, another one - ‘Portrait stories’. All the info about them you’ll find on Behance.
- - It seems like I’ve started a YT channel but it’s going very slow as I’m full time student, full time employed, I attend courses, I have finals, I try to run my photo projects and now - blog! and Flickr...So you know, I’m kind of busy!
- I’m looking for opportunities to edit video on the go, for that I need a good laptop and good editing program so your advices on that will be highly highly appreciated!
- - I had a photography brake since October 2013 till February 2014, which is long! And totally not healthy for any creative progress.
- - I bought a new camera! Now I own Nikon d610 and still shoot with 50mm 1.4.
- - I’m going to Krakow for Visegrad Summer School, it’s a school of political studies, but it’s gonna involve journalism, photography, and Ukraine as well! I’m thinking about having a Flickr meet-up between 30 June - 12 July there, so if you live in Krakow or in Poland and you’d to come and do a little shooting walk - please send me a quick note to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you all the details!
- - And there is war in my country...It’s not a like a World War (this is how I imagined any war), but there are certain regions that struggle a lot from Russian invasion. You can find a lot of articles about it here. Crimean peninsula is lawlessly annexed to Russia, some of my relatives live there, and there are constant clashes in the east.