Saturday 25 October 2014

Letter from the past

I took some notes after my crazy Kyiv-Lutsk-Warsaw-Berlin-Vienna trip, which I did in 5-6 days exactly a year ago. They were lost and accidentally found today (I can sense a metaphor). These are just random thoughts I would like to share with you...
"When you happen to be in Warsaw, Berlin and Vienna on the same day you start losing your timeframe. It's weird that nothing felt like a new place to me... 
Everything was familiar, even though there was nothing of 'mine' around (not sure concept exists at all). I felt like an invisible man, a total stranger, an observer, that can be in different places at the same time unnoticed by others.
I felt more of a journalist than of a traveler. In the course of last two days I've heard more of negative than positive things about the city. That is why I had quite critical attitude to it."

"A country is not only made of Big Ben and Eiffel Tower. There are dissatisfied people everywhere. But that's their home and they have to live with it and love it despite drawbacks. Earlier I thought that when I went abroad, I would feel this 'better' everyone was talking about. This idea was completely ruined in Vienna (and partly in Estonia before that)."
"I think it concerns any country. There's no such thing as 'sweet home' where everything is perfect.
No matter where you go, there always will be hardships, loneliness and problems.You have to understand why and what you are going."
"All the Viennese I met complained about seclusion and coldness of Viennese people.
Well, I don't really experience a lot of generosity and hospitality in my country, which is considered to be peculiar to Ukraine. But I know that despite the mentality there are good people everywhere. I'm sure of it."
p.s. All the people I met in Vienna were very kind to me :)
 My Viennese friend Sarah 

Я робила певні записи після моєї скаженої подожі Київ-Луцьк-Варшава-Берлін-Відень, яку я виконала за 5-6 днів рівно рік тому. Я їх згубила і саме сьогодні випадково знайшла (я відчуваю метафору). Це просто різні думки, якими б я хотіла поділитись...
"Коли трапляєшся у Варшаві, Берліні і Відні в один одень, усі часові рамки зтераються. Дивно, що в мене ніде не було почуття новизни. Усе здавалось знайомим, хоча навколо не було чогось "мого" (якщо таке поняття взагалі існує). Я відчула себе невидимкою, абсолютно. незнайомкою, яка може бути у декількох місцях одночасно непомітно для оточуючих. Я почувалась скоріше журналістом, аніж туристом.
За останні два дні я почула набагато більше поганого про Відень ніж хорошого, тому у мене було дуже критичне ставлення.
Я зрозуміла, що раїна складається не тільки з Біг Бену чи Ейфелевої Вежі Усюди є незадоволені люди. Але це їхній дім, і їм потрібно прийняти це і любити його усупереч недолікам. Раніше я думала, що коли поїду за кордон, то побачу те "краще" про яке усі говорять. Ця ідея була повністю зруйнована в у Відні (і частково ще раніше в Естонії).
Я думаю, така ж схема працює в усіх країнах. Немає такого поняття, як "милий дім", де усе ідеально. Незалежно від того, куди ви йдете, там будуть  тягарі, самотність і проблеми. Потрібно розуміти, чому і за чим ви йдете.
Найбільше, про що скаржились мені віденці, це непривітність і закритість самих віденців. Я не дуже відчуваю щедрість і гостинність, яка має бути притамання Україні. Але я знаю, що не залежно від ментальность, добрі люди є усюди. Я впевнена в цьому".
п.с. Усі, кого я зустріла у Відні, були дуже добрі до мене :)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your thoughts. It's ingenious what you are writing about! Hugs

    ReplyDelete