Monday 10 November 2014

Thoughts on Germany

I had been working on a meaningful story about my impression of Germany for two days, when I realized that my writing skills are yet too poor to write something thoughtful about other countries. So I erased almost everything.
Berlin
When I was in Germany, I felt like everything was in its place, in order, fixed and working. There are so many resources for social initiatives, kids are always involved, a lot of attention is paid to history and education, people care about energy-saving and recycling. For now I don't have this feeling in Ukraine, but I believe it's a reachable goal.
Also, despite all the prejudices, people were very nice and open. I've never experience such care from a hosting organisation. However, I have hard times making strong relationships with people, who are not Ukrainians or Americans. I feel like the last two are more inclined to strong friendship than Europeans. I also saw that many things I was curious about or amazed with, Germans would ignore. They take their beautiful country for granted. They definitely have to come to Ukraine more often.
Berlin
As for the landscape, I loved everything. Architecture, city structure, people around, nature - everything looks gorgeous. I also liked the pace of Berlin and Hamburg, even though I'd prefer to live in less crowded cities.
Berlin
Hamburg
Hamburg
If you feel like reading more thoughts on Germany - you can read an interview with my friend Varya who is currently living in Berlin.
By the way, if you have any tips on travel writing - let me know ;)
God bless,
Ira.
Berlin
Я працювала два дні над змістовною оповіддю про мій час у Німеччині, коли я зрозуміла, що не маю достатньо навичок аби писати щось змістовне про інші країни. Тому я майже все стерла.
Berlin
Коли я була у Німеччині у мене склалось відчуття, що все знаходиться на своєму місці, всюди порядок і працює. Там є стільки стільки ресірсів для соціальних ініціатив, діти завжди задіяні, багато уваги приділяється історії та освіті, люди дбають про енергозбереження та утилізацію. Поки у мене немає такого відчуття в Україні, але я вважаю, що це досяжна мета.
Berlin
Крім того, незважаючи на всі упередження, люди дуже гарні й відкриті. Я ніколи не відчувала таку турботу від приймаючої організації. Тим не менш, у мене є певні проблеми у створенні міцних відносин з людьми, які не відносяться до українців чи американців. Я відчуваю, що останні більш схильні до міцніою дружбі, ніж європейці. Я також помітила, що багато речей, які мене зацікавили чи вражезили, німці ігнорували. Вони сприймають їхню прекрасну країну як данність. Їм точно слід частіше навідуватись до України.
Berlin
Berlin
Berlin
Berlin
Що стосується ландшафту, мені сподобалось усе. Архітектура, структура міст, люди навколо, природа - все виглядає чудово. Мені також сподобався темп життя у Берліні та Гамбурзі, хоча я хотіла жити у менш густонаселених містах.
Ludwigslust
Ludwigslust
Якщо вам хочеться дізнатися трошки більше про життя у Німеччині - раджу прочитати інтерв'ю із моєю подругою Варею, яка зараз живе у Берліні.
Благословінь,
Іра.

No comments:

Post a Comment