Thursday 16 October 2014

Five most important photographers in my life

Siebe Warmoskerken. A dutch photographer and woodworker from the Bergen-op-Zoom. That's the person who made me fall in love with still life photography. I remember watching one of his new sets and almost crying of awe. His feedback on my works was of a great importance to me. He also exposed my to Flickr community and new ways of color editing. Unfortunately today you can hardly find any of his works on Internet, as he deleted most of his content as well as Flickr account. Such a pity! I hope he will find his way back to photography one day.
z
Kelven Ng I found Kelven on Flickr through Siebe at the time he had just started his 365 project, and I immediately was drawn into it. He was documenting his new life in London, after moving there from Toronto, taking time to write great little pieces of observation. He also contributed to my love for still lifes, as well as traveling, discovering new places, and definitely the one who inspired me to make my own 365 project. I'm so grateful for this! I couldn't imagine him commenting on my works, but later I even managed to write a short interview with him (in Russian).

Max Chichinskiy The first street photographer and started following and also the first Ukrainian photographer I discovered. He used to have an amazing blog, and I couldn't wait to his reports. He definitely has an eye for stories, and I absolutely enjoyed reading his stories as well as learning to see the world through his camera. You need to ressurect your blog, Max!

Thomas Leuthard My greatest street photography teacher. This man incredibly generous and down-to-earth professional, who just loves street photography and makes everyone else fall in love with it too. Thomas published two online books for free, which made me passionate about street photography. I am incredibly grateful for them!
Andrew Yaruchyk  Lutsk-based portrait and wedding (I know you wouldn't like me saying this but it's true!) photographer, and my crisis companion. I started annoying him to take me to his shoots when I was 17, and was kind enough to borrow me his equipment (still can't believe you trusted me with it!) Now we are friends and regularly help each other to struggle out of photographer's block.

Of course there are many more photographer, whom I look up to, and with who I stay in touch regularly. But there are the people who got me into the craft, who I hope one day to thank personally.

Siebe Warmoskerken Голландський фотограф і тесля з Берген-оп-Зуму. Це людина, який змусила мене закохатися у предметну фотографію. Я пам'ятаю, як дивився на один з його нових сетів, мало не плачучи від захвату. Його відгуки про мої роботи був має велике значення для мене. Через нього я відкрила для себе Flickr спільноту і нові способи корекції кольору. На жаль, сьогодні навряд чи можна знайти будь-що з його робіт в інтернеті, оскільки він видалив більшість свого контенту, а також акаунти у Flickr, та повернувся до теслярства. Дуже шкода! Я сподіваюся, що одного разу він знайде свій шлях назад до фотографії.

Kelven Ng Я знайшла Kelven на Flickr через Siebe в той час, коли він тільки починав свій проект 365, і я відразу ж втягнулася. Він документував своє нове життя в Лондоні після переїзду туди із Торонто,та знаходив час, аби написати чудові невеликі шматочки своїх спостереження. Він також вніс вклад в мою любов до натюрмортів, а також подорожей,  нових місць. Це аме та людина, яка надихнула мене зробити мій власний проект 365. Я так вдячна за це! Я не могла уявити, що він колись буде коментувати моїх робіт, а пізніше мені навіть вдалося написати коротке інтерв'ю з ним (російською мовою).

Max Chichinskiy Перший вуличний фотограф, а також перший український фотограф, за яким я почала слідкувати в мережах. Він раніше мав дивовижний блог, і я не могла дочекатися його нових репортажів. Він має чудове око до фото історій,  і я дуже любила читати його нотатки у блозі, а також вчитися бачити світ через його камеру. Макс, тобі треба відновити твій блог!

Thomas Leuthard Мій набільший вчитель по вуличній фотографії. Це неймовірно щедрий і простий майстер своєї справи, який просто любить стріт фото і змушує всіх також закохатися в неї. Томас опублікував дві електронні книги безкоштовно, через які я захопилась вуличною фотографією. Я неймовірно вдячна за них!

Andrew Yaruchyk Луцький портретний і весільний (тобі не сподобається, але це правда!) фотограф, і мій товариш по нещастю. Я почав діставати, аби він мене брав на свої зйомки, коли мені було 17, і був досить люб'язний, аби позичати мені своє обладнання (до сих пір не можу повірити, що ти мені довіряв його!) Тепер ми друзі і регулярно витягуємо один одного із творчих криз.

Є, звичайно, ще багато фотографів, на яких я рівняюсь, і з ким я постійно на зв'язку. Але це ті люди, які затягнули мене у ремесло, і яким я сподіваюся в один прекрасний день зможу подякувати особисто.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Iryna - to be mentioned amongst these photographers is an honor and I'm happy that we were able to have some kind of impact. Siebe is one of my favorites too and he was also my inspiration to get into photography... I remember oohing and awing at his photos as I tried to understand his eye and processing methods lol.

    ReplyDelete